Sunday, August 1, 2010

where have i not been?!!?!!

This past month has taken me on many adventures.  We have been to two different countries and have had numerous adventures.  I dont have time to post any pics right this sec, but I will in the coming days.

The first part of the month, we headed over to Cesky Krumlov for a fun rafting trip with friends on the Vltava river.  It was amazing!!  If you have the chance to go the the Czech Republic, GO TO CESKY KRUMLOV!  By far, this was the best place I have been in Europe thus far.  It is a small city situated on the Vltava River, the same one that runs through Prague.  It has a beautiful castle, and the city streets are all cobble and the buildings old with medieval history brimming your historical flavor..I actually found out that Hostel the first movie was filmed here.  It has this amazing warm, friendly ambiance that cannot be replaced by the big city.

We took our raft for 5 hours and made pit stops along the many little side bars/restaurants, much good Czech beer was had!  My favorite was Eggenberg.  sp?  But sooo good!

Then we moved out of our house in Bavaria, and headed for the alps.  Garmisch, another amazingly beautiful alpine town was fun, then through Austria, back to Deutschland to our new home, Ramstein/Kaiserslautern.  We have been here almost three weeks, living in a temp apartment looking for houses.  It has been an exhausting experience, as there are at least hundred of other people in the same boat.  It has become cuttthroat for this way too mellow, laid back family, but of course we have adapted, which got us into our new home.  We offered thousand euro down as a deposit on the spot to rent what is basically our German dream home.  We move in Sept 1!  We have a huge yard, a brand new, yes BRand NEW 5 bedroom large home, in the country, unlimited Bike access/trails, we live in a very HILLY region, so climbing should be an asset and not a weakness next season.

On the downside to all the traveling and moving, my riding has gone to the wayside.  I am very dissapointed, but next year will be better, and Im not giving up on my season, I just know that its not going to be at my highest level.  Justin is racing marathon WORLDS next weekend, so that will be good.

Anway...pics to come...peace, Angie

2 comments:

Krista said...

Best of luck with the new job and home! I've only been to the base so im not familiar with the surrounding cities but I hear its a nice area. We've got a USAF Road and Mt. Bike races coming up at our base (1hr away from you) at Spangdahlem on the 14th and 15th. And heres a link to the Ramstein bike group www.theracc.com

Angie Koppa said...

Thanks! I just saw this, I've been so busy! My husband did get an email from Hector and was able to go yesterday, even though it was raining. He got first! I was going to go, but it was raining, and I didnt feel like getting wet! thanks for the info though!! angie