Thursday, October 21, 2010

the season that matters most: cross season

I think that of all the four seasons, I like cross best.  I really like to watch it.  I need to participate in this next year(when I've actually had a full on race season!), but this year, I will enjoy the sport of spectatin' and enjoy watching boys play in the mud (what girl wouldnt?).

Last weekend we moseye'd ourselves over to Hochspeyer for a cross race put on by an American guy living over here in Deutschland.  It was the perfect day, as the prior night, it was raining and cold.  That morning the course looked the way it should (muddy, cold and wet).  I was excited to watch Justin suffer, especially since he was in a grouchy mood that morning.  Just kidding, but really, it was fun to watch him push it beyond his normal limits and although he wasnt feeling at full form, he slowly watched his second place slip down a few notches finishing a very respectable 5th.  The course looked really fun and it was great to have the race close to home.  Promoter did a super job, so thanks Ken Bloomer!  

We didnt stick around too long, as our 4yr old was in protest mode, she wasnt too keen on being that cold, and I DID forget her gloves (Isuck), so found out later that Justin even got a prize!  Wow, so cool.  So next up is most likely Karlsruhe, on Halloween.  I wonder what Justin will dress up as?  I wonder if the German racers will dress up??  I wonder if I should wear something scary or sexy?  Just kidding, but seriously, Its fun to watch this stuff and if you havent you definately should!!

It was cool to see some other Americans there as well, and they live in our vicinity so its always great to meet up with like minded peeps.

Anyways...I am really amazed that people still take the time to read this blog.  Im sorry if its boring, but its been fun and I am trying to post more,,see, this post comes only a week'ish from the last, not to bad!!

No comments: