Friday, September 11, 2009

Gear'n down

Summer dwindles on the slow turning leaves of a fallen branch here in Bavaria. The days are getting shorter and so are the rides, even the temps begin to do the up and down dance, up one day, down the next, who knows what tomorrow will bring, the morning fog is back and it is chilly in the a.m.'s, enough for a jacket, definately leg warmers.

Today I leave for two of the last 3 races i have left in the season. As summer comes to an end, so do the training days, the many logged hours on the bike, the intervals, the sacrifice of fun. And now is when I sadly thnk about the season, coming to an end, its bittersweet, but less bitter, because each year I do this, i love it more and more. Its all good.

Pondering the off season has been occupying my brain a bit lately. I have a list of to-do's, we'll see how many i excecute. Swimming, hiking, skiing, climbing, and running are big on the to-do list. I need to be outside as much as possible. It will be hard when the temps dip to the bone chilling cold and when it is dark at 4pm.

The last race for me is Sept. 26th, it is the US armed forces championship, so that will be it for me for a while.

I will post pics from our trip when we get back next week. We rented a cabin for our stay in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, and im really happy that we get this opportunity to race and explore in this beautiful land.

Peace, hope everyone is happy and enjoying life! Ciao!

No comments: