Thursday, November 19, 2009

pitchers


Been riding the singlespeed. Its definitely a different kind of riding. I really like it. I think Justin thought I would hate it, but he wuz WRONG! I love it! I also started a run and ride class I take on tues and thurs. Its an indoor spinning class for an hour then we go up to the track and do a sprinting with a core body workout incorporated into it. It is killer, literally, Im pretty fatigued physically from it, but I am already seeing some results in such a short period of time. Its nice to be around like minded individuals!

Im really looking forward to racing in Germany and beyond this year. I like the energy of the races here. I do miss racing in the states, and all the good friends I've made along the way. The slick desert singletrack, the high alpine riding, the pretty intense technical sections that give you the butterflies in the tummy...i miss that. Not a lot of crazy open singletrack here, but TONS of safe riding. Miles, and miles and miles. and miles....
What is your best? What are your goals? I have a lot of plans or goals I guess, but the one thing that I think Ive learned that is soooo important is dont sweat the small stuff! I think that if you understand your going to make mistakes along the way and dont beat yourself up about it, you feel so much better in the long run.

I am really enjoying this time in Germany. The snow hasnt fallen yet and the days are chillier but doable on the bike. I have not had to set up the trainer yet (YAY), so that is good.

bavaria, religious references everywhere
back behind our village
our village (tiny dot on the road is JK):
This weekend Im pretty sure I am going to do a cross race somewhere around nurnberg. I dont know if Im ready, but I'll never know if I dont at least try! Better go work on my dis/mounts...

angie

No comments: