Sunday, November 1, 2009

Falling

Its Fall in Bavaria. So beautiful. Leave colors exploding, falling...fog in the morning, darnkness at the rise and the fall...
It all begins, the long sleep once again.
A few weeks ago, we headed to Plzen, Czech to watch the UCI cyclocross worldcup. It was really fun to drive down with friends that have not seen a race like this. It was cold, rain, and muddy, perfekt conditions for the cyclocross race. Plzen is only a rough hour from our home in Germany. We take the autobahn into the Czech Republik and its off the highway not much further after the border. We found a quaint little restaurant where i was given the "bear claw", a pork chop style piece of meat stuffed with melted cheese and mushrooms. mmmmm...and topped it off with one of the local biers. It was a lot of fun, and we enjoyed watching Mr. Albert take the win.

what's a x race without a beer, especially in the home of the original budweiser
Go, Go, Go!!!
Random pics:
The winners:
Now, I have been just being lazy. Sorta, but I have my training plan in order and starting tuesday i will do a group training that incorporates running and riding in a two hour increment. I run on other days and lift weights, and then da, dah, da dahhhhh.....Justin converted my bike into a singlespeed for the "off season" training. Im really excited about it. Maybe I wont change it back :)

Rylee and I on our morning hike into the forest
awww, pickin' flowers for mommy
It has been really cold. REALLY cold. It snowed a few weeks ago, but no new snow, just bitter cold, and very wet. The forest is back behind our village and I ride and run into it almost everyday. Rylee and I have been finding all kinds of cool mushrooms. When we lived in Colorado we would go mushroom hunting. My kids loved it. I was beginning to know and ID the mushrooms, but they are bit different here. I do recognize some of them. Especially the MAJICK ones...heeeehehee...of course i just look, dont touch :)

where's the white rabbit?
Who's that scary guy behind me??? G was wolverine for halloween,
I will try to keep the posts up and the pics. Hope ur staying warm where ever you are! Angie :)

1 comment:

ojulius said...

Awesome photos of your changing seasons out there. Looks like you are having a wondeful time! :)