Tuesday, June 8, 2010

payoff

the countless hours are starting to payoff...kinda...

I still have a long ways to go to meeting goals.  But I was really happy with my performance on Sunday.  Justin and I headed to Weiden, a town pretty close to us for a mountain bike race.  This race is part of a local series, and I was looking forward to using it for training.
The German girls were super fast, but I was able to hang with them and although, I was mid pack, I was feeling really great.  The only limiter on my performance was the heat.  This was the hottest day we've had yet, it hit the upper 80's, and we just came out of 50 degree weather, so it was a doozy to say the least.  The course was AWESOME< yes, singletrack, and lots of it, and lots of rooty, techie downhill, which is what I love.  It was a fast course, really needed to push hard the entire time, no time for recovery, perfect training and what I needed.  I feel really confident with my handling skills, and I used to be a girl that had her hands on the brakes waaay to much, but just letting it go and placing that confidence in myself felt good.  I think if you worry too much about it, something bad is bound to happen, so just let go and feel it!!

So given that, I was able to get first place in the women's 30-39 group.  Very happy with that.

Still working on endurance, but now moving into the build phase.  Wont be long before I feel more like my old self on the bike.  Not yet, but closer.  Im not sure how many of the US forces races I will be doing.  I feel like, why travel when there is like only one or no other women to race against.  It sucks.  I wish more women were racing those and it was a bit more competitive.  I will probably stick to doing the ones that are close to us, like Hohenfels, an awesome, fun group that puts that race on.  I really like the German races, they are stacked with fast, competitive ladies, and it feels more worthwhile in my opinion.

Anyway, Justin gets like one pic of me, and its my ass, and I get a gazillion of him, so here's what i got from Sunday:
me heading for the big finish
Justin at his start with all the uber fast German boys, dont worry, he could hang

on his 5th lap

Well, my big news is that we're moving!!!  Again!!!  Im really excited because we are staying in Germany.  This time we are headed to Ramstein.  Its in the Rheinpflaz and we are so close to France, Switzerland, Netherlands and it is just going to be a million times better job wise.

Anyway, that's my big news.

Racing another german race next weekend, and an epic mountain bike ride scheduled and jusst working on getting ready for our 12 hour race over the 4th of July weekend.  Then crazy moving and life stuff, but not gonna let it get in the way too much.

Peace, Angie

No comments: