Sunday, May 30, 2010

Official Farmers Tan Recipient

Yesterday was a great day, the sun was out after a week of wet and cooler temps.  Bavaria, well, Germany is funny like that.  It will rain a week, then the sun will come out all crazy and hot, then the next day (like today) it will be raining again.  Nature is a big TEASE around here.  Lately in my pursuit of non-monotony, I've been heading out the door with no intentions, as far as where Im going.  Im just on a journey to nowhere.  I am fully suprised that I have not gotten lost yet.  And I keep secretly thinking it would be fun to get lost, exept that mein deutsch sucks so bad, that if I asked for directions, I would never get home!!  I found this isolated little village through this tunnel.  Before I entered this tunnel, a cat was on top of it looking at me very suspiciously..  I thought it strange there was a cat on top of a tunnel.  I have found some awesome stuff, not a lot of singletrack, but a hell of a lotof forest riding, mud, sticks, roots, its all good I say.
I am truly captivated by nature.  The simple beauty of random flowers, the colors, the smells, it really makes you appreciate life.  The flowers be blooming like crrraazy up in this place, my nose enjoys it, although it runs just a little extra more.  The red poppy's are starting to come up too.  Pics of those next time.  These cool twisty trees are a common sight on my runs through the forests here.  I think they look sooo cool.

 So yesterday, as I got "lost" and wandered into nowhere, I logged 4 hours on the bike, 50 miles of fun on my mountain bike.  I have logged in a lot of hours and miles in just the last two weeks, things are right on schedule!!  And knowing that in a little over a month, Justin and I will be doing two 12 hour duo races, my motivation is keeping me in a good place mentally when I head out the door into a 'nother freakin' wet day.  I think its what makes us stronger than the average joe/jane.  We push ourselves just a little more, we sacrifice, we adapt to make our bodies amazing machines of super human power!!!  or maybe we are just all insane(probably), either way, I love my bike and I will ride rain, snow(maybe) or sun!

**  We also have big news!!...and HELL to tha NO!!--Im not pregnant!!  But I will post it later, its still a suprise ; ). **

Today, as I type this on a lovely Sunday morning, I hear heavy droplets of rain on the windows, meaning its heavy sideways rain.  So, as required in my training plan, I will head out into the wet, cold Bavarian countryside for a three hour ride and brave getting lost in nowhere land...

No comments: