Monday, May 24, 2010

fun in the sun

The sun has finally hit Germany!  Wow!  Its amazing how much of an effect the sun has in this part of the world.  People are so cheery and even the birds seem to sing louder.
 
This weekend I spent six hours in the saddle, and last week intervals, or pukervals as I like to call them ; )  There are some races coming up, maybe a marathon this weekend in Garmisch, but we are still debating as the weather is to turn to crap, it wont be fun for the two little ones if its cold and rainy.  I am super excited for our 12 hour race in July.  Justin and I doing it as a duo, and alot of his team mates are coming out for this one, so it should be a blast.  We are going to each ride six hours, on top of having our two kiddos with us, it should be good times!
self portrait:
Nothing better than recovering with Nutella, a hormonal girl's best friend ; )  ..its amazing on fresh baked bread from your village bakery
I hardly took any pics this weekend because I just didnt want to stop.  I did a little exploring yesterday and found a new trail quite a bit away from the normal jaunts I take.  It feels like a kid opening a new present when you find uncharted territory like that!  I just cant get over how much riding there is here.  Germany is pretty much awesome.  I love it here.  I dont know how it will be when we go back to the states, but I am starting to feel like this is home.   Angie

No comments: