Wednesday, May 12, 2010

tired

I've been busy training and trying to get back into shape since our trip to Spain.  Since we had so much time on our hands in Spain, most of it was spent eating or drinking and I really didnt restrain myself (lesson learned here).  So I gained some extra pounds.  Im only five feet tall and I can tell how much extra weight brings me down on the bike.  These bad girls better deliver come race day: 

I am slowly losing the weight, but I have been racking up miles, but mostly its been all about Intensity.  I've also been cutting calories and its a dangerous combination on the training front, but I have Justin watching over me and he has most of it dialed in just right so there isnt a significant weight loss.  I want to still be healthy here!!  My legs are are feeling tired, not to mention just me, Im tired!!  But I know that this training block will pay off later.  Im also going to get my legs flushed out.  Im a massage therapist, and I cant stress how important and vital to your training it is to 'pamper' yourself.  A good, brisk sports massage is not really a fluffy, foo foo massage, not mention its not the most relaxing massage, but it does work and aids in a quicker recovery, gets blood and O2 into those muscles you punish.  They will reward you with their hard work later if you take care of them.... 

Today will be my last day of riding before I take some days off before I race on Saturday.  This Sat is not a priority race, it is a military race on an Army base.  Justin and I are civilians, but we still get to do them because he works on the base, so its really great!  I really love doing these races, the people who put these races on usually do a superb job and the vibe is great.  This race is more just for fun, but I will still push it out there and get the legs ready for some real racing coming up. 

I think the race on Saturday is a pretty short track, but hopefully it's technical and tricky, cuz thats how I like it!!

I really like the plan Justin has me on.  I already feel a lot more confident going into the season, even though I gained a little extra booty/thigh.  I am so glad I worked with the weights and all the core work I did.  I can really tell a difference.
This is a pic of my ride back home, the chuch tower in the distance is in my village.  It rained/lightning'd and blew some gnarly wind a few hours after this pic was taken:
I will update this thing soon!  Thanks for reading!  Angie

1 comment:

Krista said...

Good luck with the training!
I'm 5'2 so I know what you mean with weight making a difference. I've gained 10lbs since being in Germany and im having the hardest time getting rid of it. (sugar and soda doesnt help though lol)