Thursday, August 28, 2008

Paradise..





Rocky Mountain summer's are unforgettable. This is my second summer up here and just as I was last year, I am still in awe. It (summer) doesn't last long. June was the last time it snowed! Then next month, in September, we will most likely have our first snows. Although it wont stick, it will start to get cool. The nights here are already getting pretty brisk and this morning I could see my breath. Summer's endless beauty is soon coming to an end in the valley.

Summer here is like living in the shire...for those who know what the shire is...

It is soooo green, magical really, you can see the life that just blossoms here after being piled under feet of snow all winter long. You see the summer breezes here because there is some sort of life floating in it, and it can be serenely still. Wild flowers of different variety color the meadows and the summer sun can be intense at our elevation. The river veins it's way through the landscape, as you let the sound of the water distract you from life's problems. Everyone seems happy, happy to be outside playing and smelling the mountain air that has the lingering notes of pine and wildflowers. Baby moose, little bear cubs, fawns and baby foxes all come and play and we sometimes get a tiny glimpse of them. That is why I cannot stand to be inside on a beautiful day, to live here is in some sort of way a privilege and to honor the land, you must play here and enjoy what she has to offer. It is truly magic to live here, and at night, I lay in bed, watching the curtains play in the evening wind and listen to the majestic trees sing a night song with the crickets, as I drift off to sleep, only to dream of a place that is still untouched by the harmful hand of man. But I live it. I live here and I hope to keep this dream going for a while...

this is why the post's are slow of late...to busy enjoying my home, here in the valley...
some pics for your viewing pleasure...all from yesterday. xoxo ang

No comments: