Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Crankworx weekend ovah and done wit' dat


Here are some pics of the mountain states race at Sol Vista for your viewing pleasure. Justin only got pics of the pro men and he did not get any pics of me at crankworxs, so sorry for that. Anyway, Then here are a few pics of my two favorite guys in the world. My six year old son, Gavin is so much fun to be around. He has the contagious happy kid energy that makes me feel sooo good. I just wanna be his tag-a-long and jump over logs and rocks and sing happy songs and forget for a moments time that there are no worries in the world, well, maybe some little ones, like I might not get home to watch my favorite cartoon, Ben 10 in time, or that we might be out of chocolate milk. Man, kids have it down! Sometimes I forget that it's not all that bad, just be, and be happy at that!!















So you want my race recap??? You sure??? Its a bitch and whine post, but not too bad. Well, it took me 3hrs and 25 minutes to complete this mainly climbing, 24 mile course. I wanted to finish it within 3 hours, which I very well could have, but mechanicals man, mechanicals can screw it all up for you. I was the last Expert women across the line and thankfully (but freakin' close) last racer across the line.
The course started out in Fraser and climbed the jeep road to sunken bridges, then up upper elk creek road, a good six mile climbing loop, then down U. P. C rd, down some gnarly stuff that could hurt you if you didnt handle your bike very well on it. Then up the road to Zoom, down zoom, down chainsaw, up elk crk. meadow, up d2, up WTB, down d4, then you cross the ford, well, I tried, and everyone else carried their bikes, then I proceeded to slip and get nice and wet and look like an ass, but honestly, that water never felt better!! Then it all gets blurry from there, its like another ten miles or more back to the resort, somewhere before the downhill, my chain gets caught in my rear dérailleur, it is so tightly wrung up, there is no slack, Im using all the little strenght I have left to push and pull what I can to no avail. It just sucked. Sooooo.....I coast in when I can, run my bike when I cant coast, it sucked, and it took me a while to make it to the finish.

At the finish, I was getting the looks from people, the looks, of curiosity, of "what the hell is up with that chicks bike", of "that sucks", blah, blah. I sat there for a second and it started, I could feel the emotion of it, the tears starting to well up in my eyes. But I decided in a split second of that emotion that I wasnt gonna have it, I did the best I could, I finished for goodness sake! I rode a kick ass sweet course! I need to just chill and enjoy the fact that I am racing again!!! Anyone that races and feels that competitive edge and then you have a major mechanical or something that ruins the race, well, you know how I feel. BUT, its okay and I will get back on that bike and try again at the next race.

One of the best things that happened that day, well, a little girl was in awe of me in my Velo Bella jersey. She is like, " I love your shirt", it just melted me for a second, and I remember the vision of this team and that the bella vibes spread and maybe that little girl will be the next Alison Dunlap of her time, its corny, but it is just so cool to see that curiosity in a childs eyes.

Okay, until next time, hope all is well in your world! Peace,
Ang

No comments: