Saturday, August 16, 2008

Race Cancelled! Its Snowing Up here!!!!




The race today (in Winter Park-where I live) has been cancelled! Home sweet home has been dusted by the snow fairy. Yes- I know it is only August-but I live in the rocky mountains above 9000 ft so that is the kindof stuff that happens. Of course it will warm up again and we will have those days when i just leave the windows open all night and the summer breeze blows the curtains in a little night dance. So for your viewing pleasure I have hijacked some pics of what we have on the ground this morning at the resort. You can barely see the singletrack. The race for us pro/experts is 17 miles of little ridden singletrack way high on the mountain. You have to take a lift to get to the start. They say on the website it rides longer than you think. So we will partake of this madness next weekend when it is nice and warm again.

This weekend is a huge event in town. The bikers (the motorcyle type) have taken over and there is a huge group of veterans for a veterans rally and some heavy metal bands in town to rock it. I should be busy at work since it is so rainy and cold and sleety that I have a feeling I will be givin some big burly dudes and chicks some relaxing massage...Bring it!!! Im ready....

Hope your weekend is sunny and warm. I will be taking advantage of this weather to brush up on my cross skills as we will be consuming as much cross racing as possible this fall. Theres a bunch of races comin up starting Sept.

have fun!!!!! xoxo angie

No comments: