Wednesday, January 14, 2009

i luv to eat

It could be my downfall, next to beer, but I think food definitely takes the er, cake...I love to eat!

I am always trying to find new and exciting things to add to the menu. At this time of year when you are puttin' in base miles, I also am trying to bring the weight down so that i am not a fat pig going into the spring. It can be a challenge for this family. My super fast bike racer husband is six foot two and as skinny as a toothpick (lucky beeeaatch!). He has a great, lean body, nice muscle mass where it is needed, and the guy eats like a gazillions pounds of calories a day (and doesnt gain a pound of course--lucky beeeaatch!). I am a 4 ft 11.5 inches of whoopass and it doesn't take much to put the poundage on this vertically challenged frame. Plus I have kids that like to eat chicken nuggets and processed crap that I don't care for. So meals are tricky.

Self control is a biggie for me in a house full of yummy stuff. My kids like me to make baked cookies and cakes, and Justin can eat a lot of that, but I must just say no to drugs like that.

Anyway, I found this amazing website: Culinary Competitor that has great recipes to mix it up a little and it's targeted towards the racing crowd. If you love breakfast for dinner, as i do, there is a great waffle omelet combo that looks soo yummy. In the spring, when the intensity in training begins to increase, i know how important it is to fuel the body for recovery. Our bodies need caloric intake, but we also must eat right to train right to get to the all important, WIN! or at least not dead fu*&^ing last.

Peace! A

No comments: