Monday, May 11, 2009

almost dead, but not really

I had a bad week. One of the things that really killed me was improper nutrition. So let this be a valuable lesson boys and girls, when you train hard, you gotta eat like a pig. Well, not like a pig, but you have to replace those calories and very soon in that window of opportunity, usually within 45 minutes after a long hard effort.

The thing is, I know all this. I have been riding for a long time. Training and all that has become second nature, I know most of this stuff cuz I been doin' it a while. But then I threw in the task of trying to lose some weight. Not a good balance when you are also in high intensity training mode.

Well, anyway, the sad part to this story and in not so much detail is that I came down with some exercise induced hypoglycemia. So bad, that I could not think, talk, and barely conscionable. It took me two days to recover from it and two days of lost training days. But I learned that I cant forgo caloric intake and train as hard as I was. The defecit after a few days of "cutting calories" came back to bite me in the ass, and the bite was hard and ugly!

I am happy to report that after yesterday's ride, I ate a bunch. I never want that to happen again! And fueling on the bike, never more important.

I will post some pictures later. Peace, Ang

No comments: