Monday, May 4, 2009

motivated

Race Day!
Here's some pics of the race yesterday. I wasnt the only one racing, "G", my little 7yr old was out tearin' it up as well. There were a lot of bambini's racing, and Gavin was only a little more than a minute back from the leader. I was super proud of my guy. The kids all had their race face on, totally decked in the kit of choice, and they were off! Gavin put his chamoix on and said he was "embarrased" (already!?! at age 7?), so I let him wear whatever he wanted. He opted for jersey and bermuda shorts, with his skate/bike helmet. He was totally cool!
And they're offf...
Go G!!!!!
Post Race-Refuel (meat n'cheez)..
My race, well, it was sorta fun...The good news is I got first in my age group, but last in the women, but I am cool with it. I know where I am and I also learn't a lot. It was not really a race on a circuit, it was a sprint hill climb around 5k, but it was super tough, and it was straight up, no recovery, just straight up. I did not know it was a hillclimb, i was super conservative going in, I screwed up, yes, but its all good. I know I could have pushed a bit harder, but not too much so. I am more motivated than ever to work that much harder.
Pre-race meditation..
One of my fans at the finish..
One of the dumb things was that I forgot my german dictionary, so there was a language barrier. I didnt understand that I had to pay 20 euro for a deposit on me and G's number plates, and I didnt understand that it was a hillclimb and not a loop. It is kinda dumb, but I take it as a learning experience.

Anyway, I guess there will be racing in two weeks for me, super excited for that!

After the long day, we went to a nice cafe and enjoyed dinner in the warm sun, the restaraunt had an outdoor playground with a jumpy bouncy thingy that the kids enjoyed while we watched them and sipped recovery beverages. It was a nice way to end the day with the people that make me happiest.

hope you had a great weekend! ~Angie

No comments: