Sunday, April 25, 2010

bike bling

I finally got my bike assembled and it's pretty sweet! Thanks to my amazing husband, he pretty much rebuilt my bike with new upgrades and it feels like a brand new bike! My frame is a Kona kula lisa. It is a team issue Velo Bella bike, paint job, all that. It is scandium, hard tail and rides light and fast. We put on the new Fox fork and new juicy carbon brakes, new headset, new cables, new crankbrothers pedals. It feels sooo wonderful.

Im really happy with the setup. Im thinking of switching to twist shifters, I tried some out and I really like it, I used the twist waay back in the day before switching to rapid fire, but I feel the ease of the twist, so might go back to those..

finished product
The fork though, seriously, rides like a dream. Smooth..

the lockout is great on the climbs and you can adjust the compression and rebound too. Its pretty cool. I cant wait to race it now! Justin is the man and he pretty much rocks. He even built me two wheels from scratch. Literally. So now I have two training sets of wheels that are heavy as hell, but its an advantage, when I put the stans wheelset on, it will be suuuper light!!

Anyway, more on it all laters, but just had to share my enthusiasm,,,

im a happy girl :), yes, bike parts get me alllllll excited!
oh, and Justin raced a great race on Sat. I think he was the only singlespeed dude out there. He was sick and still did it awesome, so props to him! Of course we couldnt resist a beer afterwards
Everyone looked fast
pretty girls come and give you food after you race here in germany
Justin at the finish
more to come, hope you had a great weekend!!

1 comment:

ojulius said...

Awesome new bike stuff! :)Post race events should always end with beer.