Thursday, April 8, 2010

need to pimp it up!

Getting back out and riding a lot of road here in rural Bavaria. It is a great escape from the gym where I was holed up for most of the winter months. Although spring has come, its still pretty chilly here. We have not seen anything higher than 70 degrees yet, but most days it isnt even hitting 60, as we have had a lot of rain showers. I just cant wait for summer!
I have realized that my once cool and fashionable cycling clothing now needs some updatin'. The pic above is from the other day, I have a million velo bella jerseys and shorts sets from over the years, but my once cool pearl izumi long sleeve jersey has two gel stains that look like I blew snot or ass all over the arms and so it needs to be tossed, a cool nike longsleeve that is cool, but not stylish anymore, Justin's old knee warmers and leg warmers, just not doing it. The fleece team patagonia vest is nice, but not really for riding and that is what I am wearing above. I've been perusing the online boutiques. I love the pink arm and leg warmers and there are a plethora of cute jerseys and jackets. When I started cycling, there was no "women's specific" clothing. You just bought the xs mens stuff and dealt with it. I think it's cool there are sites out there like team estrogen and terry that cater to women. I love to shop and I love fashion, I just kinda neglected the cycling side of it cuz I hardly wear other stuff besides my team stuff. Im also diggin all the cool socks they have. Im a sockie. I looove cool socks. And I really dig the longer sock length, I still war euro shorties, but I like me a striped high anyday!! chek it>>
courtesy of sock guy:
The pentabike one is kin'a sexy too?

Anyway, to the point, I got these new Castelli shorts. They have the kiss chamois, its like your girly parts are being pampered or something, so I'm going to do a review on them here in a few days. I need to get some pics of them and my big booty in the saddle (that should be innersting)..but until then, my next post will be a review on cytomax..

Anywayzzz, I've been riding the cross bike and venturing out on the roads. There are hundreds of kilometers of paved paths if you would rather not ride on the road. I have been using those and the road, there are some awesome road climbs around here. I kinda think it's weird how all the trees still dont have any leaves on them. Its kinda ugly looking. Hopefully spring will catch up so it can get a little more perty 'round here...
Pics...
moonset, I took this right before the sunrise

No comments: