Friday, April 23, 2010

stranded under volcanic ash?

I was m.i.a for a few weeks, our family took a holiday to Spain, and when we went to catch our return flight, we were, notified, along with hundreds of other passengers that our flights were all cancelled due to the volcanic ash from Icelands volcano..with no end in sight or any idea when we would be able to reschedule.

We stood in a long que for over 2 hours with all the other people needing a way to get home and found ourselves in Spain for another 5 days (oh..darn..hehee). It wasnt bad, not bad at all. The weather was perfect, we were on the Mediterranean, the accomodations were outstanding, but it was the uncertainty of not knowing how we were going to get all the way back to Germany, especially with two little kiddos.

On Tuesday, Justin and I decided we would head to Barcelona, only a short trip from where we were staying but that's when we got the news that we could get a flight out on Thursday, so we flew out yesterday and got home last night. The plane trip was really bumpy and the landing was atrocious, it was like we were just destined not to get home soundly, but eventually we did, and it feels so good to sleep in my own bed, although, I really miss the beach now, and all the great food, and the cervesas...ah, yes, it was a great vacation!

I am going to post some pics sometime, I need to decompress a bit, and I really, really need to ride my bike this weekend. I missed my first race of the season, the citybike marathon in Munich because of the situation, but I have many more races ahead, so I try not to see it as a big loss. I really, really missed my bike tremendously, but I did stay in shape, we walked ALOT and we played soccer like rugby players, like I seriously hurt my foot one day, and Justin has sand burn on his knees, so we played hard! Im excited to ride and will give a holla about the new Fox fork Im going to mount on the baby tonight!! So happy to have Fox as a sponsor this year!

Anway, more, lots more to come soon...for now, laterz....angie

No comments: