Thursday, July 9, 2009

clouds, rain, cold



Things to do when its raining:
watch movies
take a nap
make cookies
pick ur nose
clean ur room
do laundry
eat cookies you made for ur kids
stare at the patio you cant sit out on because its raining
eat more cookies

yes...im bored
I took a few days off from the training, as prescribed by koach koppa, and just sat around and relaxed. I was hoping to do a lot of that at the local swimmin' hole, but due to the fact that it has been constantly raining, there will be no lazy, hot, dog days in my forecast. Instead, Ive been watching movies and to be perfectly honest with you, its only fun for a day. I cant stand to sit on my butt and watch tv all day, then on top, you get tempted to eat crap. And people wonder why they get fat!

Im tired of rain, snow and 100% humidity. The next place we live is not going to have any of it!

Okay, so enough of the whining.

Sunday, is the race. I hardly know nothing about it, except its a marathon distance type race. Should be good to spin the little cobwebs out of my legs. Then the following weekend is another race. Im excited to be out there again. Excited to be racing, not only good for the body, but good for the mind!

Ive also incorporated some weights into my workouts. Mainly Im doing this for weight loss. Also its important for bone health, as women, we need that extra oomph. Im really excited about it and hope in 12 weeks, I will see some small transformations.

In the training front, I have found that keeping goals short term is the most beneficial for me. You just have to get out there and do it, even if you feel like sitting on your butt. Force yourself to get out there, you will be so glad you did, and it just gets easier and easier! Even if its a 5 minute walk, dont make excuses! Make today the day!

"There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning form failure. - Colin Powell, U.S. Secretary of State

I wonder if Justin ever updates his blog?

No comments: