Friday, July 31, 2009

summer fun and ridin'



our lake






Ive been training like a madwoman, my newest goal is a 6 hour solo race on aug. 22. I know its not a lot, as far as time goes, but for me it will suffice. I can get the feel of how it would be to do a 24, which might be something I would like to shoot for in 2010. This race is actually a 24 hour race, but it has a 6 hour race too. Im excited. I just need to figure out this whole nutrition thingy, need to find some ideas and different stuff to play with and dial in for race day. I get hypoglycemia if not properly fed during intense racing, it is superly unpleasant and leads to panic attack symptoms after that. So, if anyone knows of any cool ideas for fueling, please add them to the comments section so I can give a try. Next weekend I have a race in Bamberg, then its off to the alps for a training/fun/camping with friends weekend. Then this 6hr race, then...gosh, who knows! All i know is Im having a blast!

Here are some pictures I have taken in the last week. I have found some singletrack and other fun stuff, we went to the lake a lot too. I have a busy weekend ahead, with longer rides and I am also happy to announce that I have lost a total of 1.5 inches of fat since I have started weight lifting. I looove the weights. I was such a wuss the first time, I could barely lift, now, after a month, I am lifting twice what I started and after next weeks rest week, I will add some more weight! I am so glad I started, and for women, as far as cycling, one of the greatest coaches in the world, suggest women incorporate weight trainig into their training plan all through the year, men should only do it in the off season-- you big burgeoning capsules of testosterone!

im watching some german music channel and its freakin' weird and funny, i like it...

okay, im just babbling now, neeed more coffee...hope you like the pics...

No comments: