Thursday, July 2, 2009

training camp


Today we are leaving for our trip. Im really excited, and so are the kids. I will do a writeup on the riding and pics on Monday.

We are headed to Garmisch, a little town up in the bavarian alps, close to the Austrian border. The last time we went, we stayed/camped in Mittenwald, in the same area.

The area is hilly, mountainous and green! Lots of rolling hills and wildflowers, many places looked like a scene out the Sound of Music. I will get my Julie Andrews on and belt out a few for the locals.

The drive is 2.5 hours from here, so it is not too far. There is much on the schedule and riding will be on most of it. Justin signed me up for a marathon distance race next weekend. It is a little diff in signing up for these races. You sign up online, then you go to your bank and you fill out some slip and pay the race org's bank the registration fee. Its pretty much how you pay for anything here. You do not write checks in Germany, and you rarely use a credit card. You pay rent/bills at your bank, you buy your groceries/clothes/drugs(j/k) with euro.

I am pretty sore from the intervals Justin prescribed on Tuesday, and the weights I did yesterday. I am seeing some slight definition in the arms and quads and soon, I hope to look like She-Ra and kick all the boyz' butts, but seriously, the weights have been something I have never tried before, and I am loving it! It is such a great addition to my training program. I am a bit overloaded as far as this whole area of weight lifting. There is so much stuff to learn, reps, weight, supplements, etc, etc. I am diggin it!

Well, my new on the bike energy food of choice is haribo bears, they are pretty nice to put a handful of those cute little guys in your jersey pocket, it works, its cheap, I remember seeing them at Target when we lived in the states. I buy all haribo products by the buttload, maybe they will sponsor me next year....

have a great weekend, Happy 4th!!!! Hellz Yeah!!! To those in the States and have a great weekend to all my international friends!!!! Peace, angie

No comments: