Thursday, July 23, 2009

sommer

im sooo cool in this picture




Summer has been hardly noticeable here in germany. We have had a handful of nice days and when they come, we do our best to partake in the lovely weather.

This week, we had a few nice days. We found a lake that is super awesome, with a beach and only like 10 minutes from Justin's work. We enjoyed food, drink and fun and Justin and I swimmed the entire thing!

Hopefully the weather will perk up and we can go again and SWIM!, and i will get pics too!

Last week, was cold and miserable. We woke up early to get the kids, bikes and ourselves packed in the car for the hour or two drive to Ansbach. I didnt eat anything, as my race wasnt supposed to start til 12pm, so I took my breakfast up with me, and planned to eat there, as we would be arriving around 9am, early enough for Justin's 10am race start.

Well, when we get there, they switch the times, so my race would begin at 10, Justin at 12.

I did one pre race lap to check out the course, it was muddy and felt more like a cx course than a xc course. So after that it was race time and off I went, sorta fueled, I ate really quickly upon knowledge of my race time. I just didnt feel it from the start. The course was MUDDY, and lots of slick spots, my tires spun out enough that I had to walk several times. By the second lap, it seemed like the course was TORE UP!
Every effort I made to "push it", was met with reluctant hesitation from my legs. I felt this way the prior weekend as well, when weeks before, I felt like a feather climbing up hills. Oh well, I maybe had rested them too much.

With all that, I can tell you I still managed to pull off an overall win at this race. The outdoor crew made a fun, tricky course and it was still challenging with the limited amount of singletrack. When I came across the line, I was one mud covered lady, head to toe, mouth, ears, teeth. YUM!!!! I love me some dirt!!!

Justin had a good race too. Took top honors as well and got some good racin in.

This weekend, we are just gonna stay home and enjoy the kids and each other. It feel nice to be home for once. We have another Alps adventure in mid August, we'll be going up with some friends this time, and Justin and I plan on riding to our hearts content. On a side note, the last time we went, we actually rode to Plansee lake, in Austria. I dont even think that is how you spell it, but we were confused with our map, seems it was this lake not lake Eib. clarification. clairification.

Pics are from Ansbach mountain bike race. peace ang

No comments: