Thursday, July 17, 2008

bees and stuff

Today's ride was beyond amazing. I actually crossed the Vasquez ford, all by my little ol self! I took a pic with my phone and i will post it when I can. Anyway, I came to it and just stared at it for about five minutes, deciding if i had the nuts to cross it, well, I just went for it, and it was moving fast enough that I had to dismount and I was giddy and laughing as I was waist deep in moving water. It was not even that cold, it was so much fun! About ten minutes before that I had a bee get caught in my helmet and it stung my forehead. I felt weird for a while, usually I swell up real bad and my tongue has some weird swelling, but I feel fine now. It hurt for a bit, but the ford crossing took that out of my mind. Then it was on to more climbing, I did the race course today and timed myself. I had some mechanicals, so I dont know how competitive I will be, but I think I can hang with the expert women, I just wont be sitting on any podiums or anything, but it is all about having fun, right?! Sick, tortuous, s&m kindof fun I would say!!
It was really warm today, so that will be a factor on Saturday. I went and got some nuun tablets, they are really good and dont bother my stomach, I definately recommend those little suckers.

Well, I have been pondering the thought of elevation. I live at 9000 feet, so does it help me or hinder me? I think it definately helps me, but what about living, training and sleeping at elevation? I need to do some races down in the lowlands to see what effect it has on my body...

until next time...xoxo,

angie

No comments: