Sunday, July 20, 2008

Not DFL (sorta)

Well, I did it, I completed my first race of the season, racing expert again, and not getting dfl, but close enough.

To break it down for ya, I basically have a shitload of excuses for my results. First, I missed my start by a few minutes, bummer man, but I was able to pass two gals on the hill out of the resort and did not see them again, but obviously that didnt matter because I was still last in my age group, which is the fastest 30-39. Next, I could not get into my big gear, so I was stuck with my middle and granny gear. Oh well, that kinda sucked too. When I prerode, I had a faster time, so that kinda sucked, but I did miss the start and all that.

Basically, Im real happy with my finish, I need to make sure I start with my class, and then I should work on some interval stuff and get some new legs and I should be fine. Altitude was never a problem so that is great! Well, I guess Im back, and I am excited.

Today we found out that mountain bike nationals is going to be here next year! That is super exciting, because it is just back behind where we live. Crankworx's is in a few weeks, so is Sol vista, so I think I will be doing crankworx's so I dont have to buy an usa cycling license yet. Ha, ha!
Sorry I have no cool pics, but I have been busy riding and not able to stop and take pics, but I will get some up soon. It is a beautiful evening here, and the sun is setting on the rocky mountains, it is really amazing!

Love to all, xoxox
angie

No comments: