Sunday, July 27, 2008

CRANKWORX COLORADO Comin' Up!

So, sorry for no posts as of late, but like I said, I been buzy!! Buzy ridin', busy workin', busy just livin' baby!!!

Life is great. I have been really takin' care of this little ol' body of mine. Not just the physical, but the spiritual and all that stuff. It has been like I went to celebrity rehab, but Im not a celebrity. Oh and I didnt actually go to rehab...But in saying that, sometimes one must look at their current habits and decide if the things that you indulge in are doing anything positive for your life. Well, I think I just decided that I want to feel good as much as possible, so I will not quit eating chocolate! I feel great when I eat it and I want more, more, more!!!!

Anyway, next weekend is Crankworx! Im really excited. The course is 24 miles. It is ALOT(understatement) of climbing. Justin and I rode half yesterday because we had to get back early, but most of that was spent climbing. We saw a pretty brown rabbit with white feet and then we saw a wild turkey too. That was cool. The course is just amazing! A real challenge. I think it will take me over two hours, maybe close to three, but we'll see. Im just going into all this conservatively. I have a lot to work on, and I dont think I will be seeing the results I want until next season. Unfortunately, Im already thinking about next season and next season training. When you live in the rocky mountains, winter is not far from the doorstep. It will start to get chilly at the end of August. We will have some warm days in Sept, kinda like indian summer, but then the snows will start, and it will be a long winter. With that, you cant ride all year here. Which is good, because it is good to take a break, I used to ride all year in New Mexico, you could! But then I found how amazing it was to play in the snow! I ski'd all winter long. Justin boarded and xc ski'd and snowshoed. He is in amazing shape, so I am going to xc ski, snowshoe and ski and board. They are all amazing workouts. Then some riding on the trainer and some riding in the front range when possible. It will be fun. We have to pull the baby in a trailer, you attach it to your waist and then you pull them along as you snowshoe or xc ski.

Today Im riding to Kremmling, a nice 40 mile jaunt that is scenic and beautiful, that is on the way to steamboat, but the we will go to summit county (breckenridge) to do some shopping, yeah, we like to go to target every so often and they have a bunch of cute outlets and crap and a fun place to swim with the kiddo's.

Hope your weekend is going as beautiful as mine! Love each other,
xoxo
Angie

No comments: