Sunday, July 6, 2008

stoopid bike!




Todays ride was good, (here are few pics for your viewing pleasure) but I only got an hour in because my front "v" brake decided to fly off as I was coming down zoom. I didnt realize it until I needed to slow down and there were no front brakes! Yikes!!!

Then my dumb chain kept falling off, and YES justin, I was in my big chain ring! So I need a little bike maintenance, plus my front fork lockout wont work either. I found myself getting really mad over this and decided it was dumb to get mad about such trivial things, so I am ovah it now. I need to learn bike maintenance because I would like to fix this crap myself. I did sunken bridges and zoom before I had to come home, that ride is fun because the approach to sunken bridges is all climbing and every time I do it I can see how much my climbing is improving. I would say it is my strong point, descending is a not my strong point right now and that is what I am working on. I am getting used to this "forest" riding, as opposed to desert riding, where I used to live. In the desert your obstacles are cacti, big rocks, rattlesnakes and deep sand. Here, your obstacles are trees with long branches, big rocks, slick rocks, mud, roots, bears, mountain lions, giant mosquitos, altitude and tourists. So its all about the same no matter where you live...and did I mention mosquitos? I have been the buffet-of-tha-day for the mosquito population of grand county, i should be getting west nile sooner than later...

Today I am going to this awesome bike thing, I mean I hope it's awesome, they are giving us free wine, so it has to be great! Bike fit, nutrition, free crap, all kinds of stuff, and we can swim and hot tub too! I need a break, so this will be fun. I will try to get pics and tell you all about it later..
have a fun day..xoxox angie

No comments: