Monday, March 23, 2009

spring hath cometh, sorta..

I had the most amazing weekend with the fam, but most of all with my bikes and JK.

It was so amazing Saturday. The sun was out all day. Justin and I did a three hour ride on our cross bikes. What is so amazing here that I love, is that all the towns around here are connected by paved paths. So if you're looking for some easy miles, its super safe and easy.

Rural Bavaria is very hilly. There arent any huge mountains, but it is mountainous sorta. There is just a big variety, you can stay on some flat stuff or you can really get your heartrate up and do a lot of climbing if you are up for it. Not only are there paved paths, but there are dirt paths that connect town to town.

On Sunday, JK and I got the mb's out and did all the dirt we could find. The highlight was the end of our 3 hour ride on Sunday. We found some cool bridges and it was very slick, rooty, rocky, mossy stuff, sooooo fun! I love dirt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have been waiting for it, and finally was able to get a little muddy. I didnt take my camera that day, darnit, it was pretty awesome.

Saturday was sunny, Sunday was cloudy and this morning it is windy and cold again. I think we have a few more days of cold stuff and then I bet it will be 60's by next week. That is my hope!

Justin was cool enough to ride with me and then he would finish another hour or so, making his rides in the 4 hour range. Man, I definately think he is gonna kick some butt this year!!!

Well, here is my weekend download:

These are always were you would least expect it
















On the road to nowhere...
































I just made it to the top of this crazy climb when JK turned around and said, one more time, here he is coming up for the second round. I was impressed! He makes it look way to easy!
















The ice is beginning to melt












One of the many beautiful views on our Saturday ride.

No comments: