Wednesday, March 25, 2009

still snowin'

Well, it is still snowing here. I woke up to a white covered morning. I decided to take the day off yesterday so that I could recover a bit more after the long weekend riding and a cold I acquired from the little ones.

I will have to ride the trainer tonite, an easy E2 workout, so I wont be working too hard. Justin has my workouts all figured out, he just writes a training plan out for me week by week. I can really see a difference in the last month in how I feel on the bike. It is slowly getting less hard, but its still pretty freakin' hard. But I know how it feels like you are building a house, from the bottom up, laying a foundation, all that good stuff. He always tells me, to rest, its more important than the ride sometimes. Its hard to sometimes. I really rely on my heartrate monitor now and I find that it is pretty right on especially when it comes to letting me know its time to take a break.

Justin made some homemade granola. He is always making stuff, he is an amazing cook. Anyway, this stuff has whole oats, cashews, sunflower seeds and coated in a mapley syrup base and cooked in the oven for a while. Its super easy to make and the glycemic index must be right because it keeps me satiated for a good while. I like to add fresh blueberries, banana and vanilla enriched rice milk to mine. It tastes soooooo gooood!!!










My kids dressed up as batman and batgirl, Batgirl is carrying around a babydoll which I thought was funny.'






























































GIRLS RULE..BOYZ DROOL>>>>oh and I'll post some pics of the Sunday ride with JK from his camera in a bit...
peace, angie

No comments: