Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Encouragement

As I sit here pondering today's Day, I am encouraged by Jamie's writeup on her blog today.

It should be enough to enjoy each day and the people we get to share it with. But riding a bike, thats real livin'...

Sometimes I forget the actual LOVE i have for sport of cycling. I became enamored with it after struggling with it in the beginning. I never had that draw for the pain like some people do, I just felt that enthusiasm with getting on the saddle, and yes the wind in the hair, the way you get butterflies in your stomach on a tricky technical section, the elation at not wrecking, the kinda goosebumps you get on a super fast whoop de whoo section (cloudcroft, ha!)! Beating the boys, winning a race, realizing you have a lot of work to do, riding with your best friend, being a role model to your kids, feeling like a kid, some of my best and happiest memories have been associated with a bike. I've had the joy of being able to live in some super cool places, all having intense bike culture. I never take that for granted.

Get out and ride! Angie

No comments: