Monday, April 13, 2009

Shammy (chamois) time...











Here is some pics of our dirt ride, I even managed to get a little dirt rash in, making for my first carnage of the year. I used to be very worried about crashes and rode a bit more conservatively because as a massage therapist, I need my hands, they are my livelihood, I couldnt afford to take too many risks. Well, now that Im being a stay at home mom chick, I can afford to be a little crazier and I am not worried, what is the worst I could do? Yeah, I know, all the moms out there shaking their fingers at me, but this sport comes with risks as it is, I know that, you know that, but we still ride, because we love to and challenging ourselves is what makes us stronger, tighter on the bike.

Im not some crazy ass extreme rider chick, I just want to be efficient, fast and IN CONTROL, the only way to get there is with a few bumps and bruises.

I used to look like one bruise when I started mountain biking. I went to the doctor once and she asked me if I needed to talk, I was like, huh?! She said "well, you have all those bruises, is there anything you would like to talk about?", HA! I said, "these?, oh its from mtn biking!" she just looked at me for a whole minute straight and then said nothing else. She thought i was some kind of battered woman or something. Ha Ha!!! Its not funny about battered woman, but I was being battered by rocks and cactus and crap like that.

There's also some pics of the kids at the zoo this weekend.

Peace, Angie

No comments: