Monday, June 30, 2008

An Amazing Weekend!











What an amazing weekend! Racing, reminiscing with old friends, rest and relaxation, good food, good beer, great riding, could you ask for more?? I couldn't. I was completely exhausted last night, and there is no way I could much less move than blog. Friday and Saturday were busy with the blues festival and good food and pre race prep for Justin.

Sunday we get to the resort, we ride from town, I pull Rylee. Justin did great, he said he just didnt want to get last, well he didnt get last and he definately hurt pretty good, this is his first race since last year after breaking his leg, the break involved two weeks of waiting before surgery, and many months of physical therapy, there was always the chance that he would never race again. He said the leg felt great. I am sooooo freakin proud of that guy! He knows he still has some work to do, but going into this stuff with realistic goals, knowing you arent going to hit the podium at first, knowing you have to train right and effectively, he did just as we knew and know he could gauge his fitness. Racing makes you stronger, it pushes your limits, you break through some walls you put up. Hopefully I can do the next race in a few weeks. I should practice what I preach.

While at the race we ran into old friends from 'cruces, Matt and Josie, they totally killed it and had podium finishes. That was cool to hang out, drink some beers and catch up and it seems they are doing good and things are pretty much the same as they always were in 'cruces, which isnt bad. Her mom and her mom's friend were super sweet and really enjoyed Rylee which was nice because Rylee was kinda gettin' cranky.

After all that we capped it off with some r&r at the hot springs. My legs feel pretty good today, and Justin said his did too, the waters there are supposed to be healing and I think they are.

There were 680 racers yesterday, despite Deer Valley going on in Utah. The Colorado races always do well, this race series always does, plus you don't have any sanctioning bodies, like USA cycling intervening with race fees and stuff like that. Plus the race give you free beer and food afterwards and that is always refreshing.

Well, this is a good training week for me, I am riding a long road ride tonight. I will get pics if I remember. And here are some pics from the weekend, I had to include Gavin's popsicle tongue pic and this cute one of Rylee, she is so adorable, but she is the diablo inside....dont let the cuteness fool you, its a front...haha!@!!
Peace! xoxoxoxo Angie

No comments: