Friday, June 27, 2008

Get yer 'stash on..


Well, this looks fun, but unfortunately, it may take me a while to grow a 'stash, but for you guys out there, here is something that looks fun. Someone needs to grow a Chuck Norris stash, that would hands down get my vote..

The mountain states cup Colorado state championships are going to be held at Sol Vista (Sol Survivor), which, is basically in my back yard. They have some seriously sick downhill action going on over there and you can take the ski lift up and come down. We ride up and then have fun on a lot of "private" trails. It is perty, perty up there.

So this is a fer sure race for me, it is Aug 1-3, the same weekend as Crankworx's which is at Winter Park resort, so that will be one fun weekend of racing 'round here. Blast the mass in Snowmass is in a few weeks, I need to see how I feel, I was so sick, and now on antibiotics, which I did not want to do. I just dont feel like I did a few weeks ago, it feels like the medicine sucks something out of you and your performance.

I have to push, push myself and it takes like an hour for me to feel warmed up, do you know what I mean?? And it seems to get worse the older I get. Cyclists make me laugh, so many gripes and whines and sometimes overanalytical stuff, type -a- personalities, sweating the small stuff, it is really true, but I do it when I start training and I think everyone does because you have to see where your weaknesses are so you can overcome them, find your assets, your strong points so those dominate and peak in your racing and then you see your potential increase! I need to lose 10 lbs, 10 lbs of leftover baby weight, I lost 40 lbs, so that was good, I just need to be a light little person on my bike so I can fly (climb) over the big humps (mountains).

It is not easy, but I am revving up the metabo and I am hungry all the time, small/tiny/minute meals, veggies, protein, it is hard to do this when you are training. Your body needs fuel, but you restrict yourself at the same time, you need protein for your muscle food, it is just so dang confusing how to do this and still have energy to ride hard. Oh well, just ranting here...Hope everyone has a great day...I will try to get pictures of this weekends shenanigans, so much going on!!
It is a perfect 65 degrees out right now, it will warm up to 75-80, perfect weather at 9000ft elevation.
Justin rode his bike on the 40 mile commute into work this morning, I hope he made it in okay...

No comments: