Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Future Food Network Star





Today Rylee and I practiced our cooking skills, she really hammered out a delictable creme brulee, it was nice, then we shared a glass of vino, dont worry, it was grape juice and it was good. She is such a fun little gal. Anyway, aside from that, I didnt work today and we are all fighting off some nasty cold.

Now that I am officially in training mode again, I forgot the demands and the sacrifices one must make. But I am super motivated and really, really excited. I have a plan to do my first race towards the end of June and start at my prior level of expert, I have high goals and a plan, so I am super ready to go. Justin is working on his coaching certification and I am volunteering myself to be his first client. He has such a wealth of knowledge and really knows how to do it, so I am glad he is pursuing this. He is so amazing, I know Im gushing. Anyway, today was an off day from the bike, and it sucks, I am getting a lot of rest and doing some pliometrics and core shiz on the the off days, I am just starting to get serious again, so I am definitely in pain mode, but with lots of rest, anything is poss...

I am thinking I should post his super zexy scar. Yeah, Im gonna do it. Well, it is really looking good, because the camera didnt really pick it up. The guy had a major surgery, killed the knee, broke the tib and femur, it was major disaster, carnage in that leg, so after three weeks of letting his leg "unswell" from the size of a bowling ball, bones all movin' around in there, bruised and pretty just plain unsightly, he had his surgery and spent a good long three days in the hospital. Of course, we had to have him get his care in Denver, no good places up here for that stuff, but they did a great job and even did cartilage grafting, a new treatment, only like 7 people in the world have had this type of thing, but he seems like he is good. The great thing about living here, is that there are so many top docs that treat cyclists and sport injuries and get these crazy people back on the trails and the slopes. Pretty amazing stuff. So the whole point is that this amazing guy of mine is my inspiration, he really could have just stopped and no, he snowboard all winter long, crazy shiz too, stuff that would make you pee your pants, but he persevered, he is on the bike, kickin ass again, and is still as fast as he ever was. So kids, never give up, dont let the little things get ya down, and most of all love each other, cuz havin' that gets you through a lot of shiz in life. I fo' sho' know that!!! Oh and I am glad that he isnt shaving his legs anymore, I think the hair is hot, it is totally manly, instead of pansly....There is also a pic of the view outside our bedroom windows, kinda cloudy, but nice and warm today.
Angie

No comments: