Friday, June 27, 2008

Massage is good for you!















Hello, well, I had to plug how good massage is for you. Not only for athletes, but also for those that endure the daily stresses of life and it begins to manifest in the body as headaches, tired achy muscles, irritability, stress. Massage can for a moment take those irritability's away and rejuvenate and relax the body, the mind and the soul, and you can forget about the daily hassles and focus on yourself for a moment. Well, my job, as a massage therapist, is to help facilitate healing, which the individual is the healer, i just help. Anyway here is a pic of Justin getting ready for his leg massage. Since he is an athlete, the overuse, the irritation by lactic acid, fatigue can all be reduced by massage. I know he notices a difference as opposed to doing nothing. It improves performance and it also promotes recovery. Massage + rest + effective training = fast/winning results.
These are just my opinions, based on actual clients...and most professional cyclists receive massage as part of their training. Oh, and here's a random pic I took today of some roses on my kitchen table.
Peace.

No comments: