Monday, June 9, 2008

Hello Welcome to MEEE

After two years of being out of the bike "scene", I am slowly making a comeback to my bike. I've always been riding, but I have just started to really ride her again. For you non-recreational riders, you know what I mean.

Before Rylee (my 20month old daughter) was born, I was racing the New Mexico circuit, it was fun and rewarding and in 2005, I won the NM state championship in the New Mexico OffRoad series. It was and still is a great race series, but now I live in Colorado and the level of bike racing goes up a notch. Not only is there endless racing, there is endless competition! In Nuevo Mexico, there is like 5 (if that) regular females to race against, but here, there are like gazillions, which in my opinion makes you train that much harder, plus these girls are really, really fast!!

My life is hectic, I have two small kids, one big kid, a husband, a dog, a hamster and a massage biz I am trying to get off the ground. I also live in paradise: Grand County, Colorado. Home to Winter Park resort/Mary Jane, and they boast it as "Mountain Bike Capital USA", over 600 miles of singletrack. Yes, it is unbelievable. In all ways, I love the snow just as much as the singletrack at this point, but now that the snow is starting to melt, the singletrack is peeking through, I've eaten a lot of mud in the last few weeks, but it is soooo yummy!!!

Justin (my hubby) and I rode all weekend, there are so many trails, we dont know where to start, but the best thing is our "backyard" is endless riding possibilities. Living at 9500 feet has it's share of "complications", but I think it will pay off when we race in the lowlands, at least I hope it does. After living here a year and a half, I feel like my body is starting to acclimate, I know that it doesnt take that long, but seriously, after living in the desert to living in the rockies, it is a big jump and you feel it for a while, but finally, I can say I feel acclimated.

I'll post pics and junk and plug Velo Bella, because it is the best bike team in the world and Ive been with them for many years now and the whole mission is to have fun, and race and be nice because this sport doesnt need any catiness, there's enough of that shiz in the world as it is.

I'll chronical as much as my coming back into the world of racing as I can, but it might not be pretty, in the few years Ive been away, things have changed, lots of techy stuff I dont have time for. One thing I know for sure, I just dont care as much as I used to, I love to ride, that is the focus, I forgot about that aspect, it is what brought me back, the love of the bike, of feeling good, of enjoying the land with respect to the land. It used to be train, eat, sleep, rest, no time for fun, eat, sleep, train, sleep, you get the gist...I dont sleep as much as I used to (kids) and I definately eat a lot more of what I want and wine, oh wine is nice. Life is a lot more laid back and that is what works for me for now.

Here are some links of interest, they are our bike series up here that begins next week, Justin will be doing that one, I need some more time...
http://www.epicsingletrack.com/default.asp

our backyard: http://www.racemsc.com/events/solsurvivor.html

the best cycling team in da world: http://www.velobella.org/

Crankworx: http://www.crankworxcolorado.com/

umm..I'll post pics and more later, there is just too much here!!!

No comments: